Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
The upper door speakers in the mach 460 system are just tweeters. If you wanted to put some in your car and retain the factory look just buy the pods and some after market tweeter that have crossovers with them. You may have to modify your factory door panels to get the pods to fit right as the door panels for the mach 460 equipped cars are different. But you could mount the pods to you doors and run the wires down behind the door panel hook the tweets you bought to the factory wire. The clip side of the factory speaker plug is positive and the other side is negative

·
Registered
602 Posts
you will need new door panels, as well as all the wiring into the door to support them. It would really be more trouble then its worth.

·
Registered
920 Posts
you will need new door panels, as well as all the wiring into the door to support them. It would really be more trouble then its worth.
It can be done I did it on my buddies gt but I had to modify the door panels to do so. I used aftermarket tweeters in them. Taped the wires onto factory door speaker wires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts