Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of gains could I see by installing an upper intake? Is it my next logical mod? I am holding out on a midpipe for when I get some long tubes, hopefully this summer.

Talk me into buying one or talk me out of it. :)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I could think of a lot worse ways to spend $200, I am waiting till I get my intake tube back from the powder coaters and for all the snow to melt before I order one. I am still deciding which I am going to get, right now I am leaning toward AccuFab.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The accufab is so shiny though, and modulardepot got the best results on the dyno with it, I would get it with the TB, I was the 75mm but all the places that sell the AccuFab upper have it bundled with the 70mm

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
RedRiceEater said:
How much does the accufab run?

Also would it be worth me spending another 200 to get the 75mm tb?

You can get an AccuFab with 70mm TB for a little under $400, with the 75mm it is around $425.

I am pretty sure the TB helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just installed the C&L upper intake with the Accufab 75mm TB...
Definetly go with the Accufab TB. Very nice. Great Quality!
The C&L intake doesn't look as pretty as the Accufab (cast aluminum verses polished aluminum) but the biggest gains are consistanly coming from the C&L + Accufab 75mm combo. Check out there website. www.cnlperformance.com They have some good dyno testing info on there product.
www.crmotorsports.com has this set up for $394.00. Good customer service.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
I just got my C&L TruFlow and already have a 75mm TB. I cannot wait to get that baby on there. I would think it would be a wise way to spend you cash. I got mine for under $190 shipped. :joy:

John

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
AmericanLegend said:
biggest gains are consistanly coming from the C&L + Accufab 75mm combo.
Got any links showing that, the only back to back comparison I have seen is ModularDepot.com

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You think I should get the 75mm tb even though I already have a FRPP 70mm? I was planning on changing it eventually (when I get blown).

Since we are up to $400 in parts now would I be better off to save a little more and go with long tubes and a prochamber instead?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts