Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, im new here, and this seemed like the best place to put this.

i have an 87 LX stang, and it came with power locks, but no power windows, now ive been wanting to do this and i see two different options.

go to the bone yard and rip all the parts i need off of donar car.
or
purchanse an aftermarket kit, and i was thinking of these guys:
http://www.spal-usa.com/html/powin2.htm

any advice on doing this?

·
Registered
160 Posts
it looks to me like junk plastic parts in this kit. if you go to the junk yard you can get the switches you'll need along with the door panel arm rest they go in. and the harness to plug them in. it will be no easy task which ever way you decide to go but i believe you will be happier with factory stuff. if you go after the used you will need a cordless drill with drill bit, punch (sm***) and a hammer, along with the tools to take the door panels off. you will need to punch out the center of the rivets that hold the regulators in (this is a steal pin) and also holds the glass to the track arm (one on each end) the rivet is aluminum. you will also need a jump box to move the windows up or down to get the rivets in position to do this.

good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured the magority of the internals would have been simular, besides the crank oviously. the task itself seems much harder going oem then what i origionally anticipated.
only reason why i wanted to have power windows is its a pain to reach across to roll the pass one down. any other advice or ideas? (besides rolling down the window before i start driving)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did this to my 88 with 93 doors. It went right in and WORKED!!! I was absolutely amazed. All the wiring is already there. EAsiest thing to do is get door with it already and put them on and go. GOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts