Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on upgrading my brakes on my 95 vert as they are stock and my power upgrades have surpassed the cars braking ability. I am not looking to break the bank but everything on my car up until this point has been top notch. Any ideas as to what I should run?? Brembo cobra r setup?? Saleen Alcon?? Baer setup?? I don't road race my car but I do drive it hard and I have been known to top the car out every once in a while on the freeway.:rolleyes: I live in Arizona and it get's really hot here in the summers if that matters. I also don't want any screeching or squawking with the setup so maybe the Alcons are out?? Lastly, I know cross drilled rotors in the past haven't held up for me. I was using the power slot rotors though=crap. I just feel like if I am going to spend upwards of 1500 dollars for brakes I want them to look as good as they work. Would a more expensive cross drilled rotor hold up longer than the power slot's?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
i put the cobra brake package on and i am really pleased with it i got it from gefracing and it came the slotted and crilled rotors they look great and the way they stop is sooo much better than stock you can spend more money on the other kit s but i'll bet they don't stop much better to justify the price difference .

·
Registered
337 Posts
yeahloh95

I was checking out gefracing's site & didn't find the upgrade package you were speaking of. Do you have more info on it? I am interested in upgrading the brakes on my 94 GT.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i just got the 399 dollar 13" Bullitt upgrade with the optional Kelvar pads...i will put them on tomorrow!

·
Registered
438 Posts
thats the one they might have only ran the online special for a while but it's the one that ppi has too cobra calipers and rotors and the lines for 399 i got mine for 299 with no lines but with slotted and drilled rotors so i was happy they bolt right on on car just make sure you get the right brake lines i upgraded to braided and they are really firm... the reason i went with baer on the back is because i had a friend that bought the kit and couldn't use it .

·
Registered
337 Posts
thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts