Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? I've thought about getting the Mach1000 head unit, with the 4 amps and 2subs from the Mach1000, but some people suggested against it and I havent been able to find out whether or not I need to run more wires.

So heres what I'm looking at... keeping wahtever's already there, and adding in a couple of subs for better bass. That OR replacing the speakers with better speakers but keeping the factory amps... anybody who's done any of this? Probably a lot of people but suggestions would be good.
Thanks
Gagan

·
Registered
248 Posts
The mach 1000 system just adds the two ten inch subs and still uses the factory headunit. What you could do is upgrade the headunit, get the apropriate adapters to run to the speakers, then add you own amp and subs to the trunk which would get signal from the pre-amps on your new head unit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats an idea, but what I'd like to do is keep the in-dash 6disc... Would I be able to pull the wires from the rear speakers that are in place right now and take those to the new amp and subs?
Gagan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any body know of a site that i could get a stock 6 cd changer ive checked out the junkyards and called the dealerships but no luck so far

·
Moderator & USAF Reserve
1,513 Posts
mwarrior said:
Thats an idea, but what I'd like to do is keep the in-dash 6disc... Would I be able to pull the wires from the rear speakers that are in place right now and take those to the new amp and subs?
Gagan
You can leave the stock system as is and just splice your amp/subs in there. I think mustangworld has a whole article with pics on how to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts