Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if anyone has swapped from manual 2.3L 4-cylinder to Focus-type engine. In other words, I would like something that will save gas and is quiet but able to produce horsepower if the need to upgrade comes in the future. Are there other options like hybrids? The gas prices go up and down. I have 88 mustang LX body style with 2.3L. It runs OK but I'm about fed up with the whining of it. Sometimes I just wanna yank it and roll it down a hill into the bushes. Maybe there is something I could do with the exhaust. Plus I'm tired of fixing it and would like a cleaner, newer feel. I want it to be fun to drive also. I already have 95 mustang GT convertible gas guzzler. Links or advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I would say theres more work for that swap than worth the savings since you want to mount a transverse motor fore and aft theres no lower mounts or bosses on the block and am almost certain that the bellhousing pattern would be different

·
Registered
29 Posts
there are a few people doing it but they are using the ranger duratec block with the focus head. It lets you do the traditional rwd block arrangement but have the better flow of the focus engine. there is also a company making a bell housing for the duratec to a t-5. Do a search on turbo ford . org and there is a great thread on it.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I would just slap the ranger 2.5 in there with a harness.

But really, how much do you want to spend?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts