Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a cure for iddling problems other than clocking the flow meter. a friend has a s-trim also and has same iddling problems, he told me that it was normal, i dont think so since i heard some guys that have stock like iddle with s-tim, please help

·
Registered
954 Posts
whats your combo? what year is your car?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My car idles ok but when I'm shifting gears it won't idle down and is a major pita around town. -Not trying to hijack your thread I was just curious if you were having the same problem. Thanks - Kevin

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Why would you want to stab an iddle in the first place?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my car is a 1990 gt it has c&l 80mm mass air, s-trim, stock intake,heads,cam,block,computer, 36# injectors, mac 1 5/8 long tube. mass air sampling tube is for 36# inj. also fmu is cal for them, i will just like it to iddle. also when driving around and take foot of pedal it starts to jump like a wild horse and i have to press the pedal to calm it down, its like all it wants is to go w.o.t when accelerating theres no problem its when slowing down. i really need help i dontthink this is normal

·
Registered
954 Posts
are you getting a check engine light during said symptoms? Did you reset the cpu when you installed everything? Is the bypass valve installed correctly? Is mass air installed in the correct flow direction? Did you try clocking the maf yet? What's your fuel pressure set at?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes im getting check engine light, but when iddle goes up pass 900rpm it turns off, ill try clocking mass air

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did reset cpu, fuel press is set to 42#, timing to 10 deg, i have a hks bypass, how do i check if its working? could the iddle boost be trying to close the throttle body plate? it feels like doing so, also tps is cal to .99 volt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck with this problem and please, if you solve it let us know what fixed the problem.
I started with a C&L and fuel system mods with my 10lb charger.
Tried clocking and all the diagnostics you can imagine.
Bought a ProM and had the same exact problem.
Put stock MAF and stock injectors back on and it runs fine.
Fuel pressure is good and have adjusted up and down with no effect. Reset computer numerous times.

Read that even though the 2 MAF's use different ways to tell the computer whats going on (C&L sample tube size, ProM electronics) they still don't make for very good fuel mapping and maybe that is what is causing my problems.

Maybe a chip and tune will help but need to find a good place in Northern VA

Sorry for hijacking too but the car has not run right in many months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts