Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02!gt with a 98 cobra motor and single turbo. The other day I noticed it was only make 6-7 psi when it normally makes 10-11 psi. Next day I checked for boost leaks (hooked my compressor to the turbo inlet with about 18 psi sprayed with soap water). I found a couple small ones nothing big, patched them and went to take a ride. Now the car will rev all the way in neutral but under load it will not go past 3000 or so. Hits around there and then completely bogs down and almost sounds like the exhaust break on my Cummins. So far I’ve checked coils, tps, plugs, injectors, intake leak, fuel pressure(not under load I just have the gauge tool not an in car), I disconnected the charge pipe it didn’t change, disconnected the turbo from both sides and it didn’t change. I’m at a loss now, it doesn’t knock, it idles bad when cold but it has no iac and has been that way for a few years. Only noise it makes is when it bogs it almost sounds like a bad exhaust restriction and it slightly sounds that way when reved high in neutral. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would do a compression test. Also possible there is an issue which has caused a cam or bank to have come out of time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would do a compression test. Also possible there is an issue which has caused a cam or bank to have come out of time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have a feeling it’s timing related. I will do a compression test also it was on my list I just have to get a tester.

·
Registered
24,696 Posts
Lack of fuel

if you monitored 02 voltage, i am sure you will see that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The o2s are deleted, it’s run off of the tuning. I didn’t notice the afr gauge lean out either but when it bogs the rpms drop to nothing so it may not be reading right at that point.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have you checked the MAF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah checked it with the multimeter. It says it’s reading right. I’m going to try and load my previous tune in it today and see what that does. Also going to try to read fuel pressure when it bogs I just got to figure out how, the gauge is only a foot long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts