Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions suck, and no pics. Vacuum routing is confusing, anyone got pics or can help? I need advice soon. Post or PM me. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just installed my edlebrock upper and lower intake a few weeks ago and took pics of it. just ask what you need and i can email you the pics if you want them. it was a sinch to do. one thing to remember is when pulling the distributor out mark where the rotor is pointing so when you reinstall it you wont have to spin the crank shaft so the number one piston is at tdc. it is not a big deal re setting the timing if you already forgot to mark the rotor. also i recomend buying some motor flush when you are done because some coolent will flow into your heads when removing the stock lower. just take your time and mark where every thing is. use lots of labels and take some pics while you are doin it. the first time i did it it took me about 5 hours. quick hint that i would reacomment is let the gasket maker settle for about a day when you put on the lower intake. it helps with holding the gaskets in place so there is less slip when torqing down the bolts. as for the vacume lines they are simple to figure out. the small hose under the intake will go to the small canester under the air filter area. if you have speed density the other small tub runs up to that. the larger tubs acculy meet togather at the corner of the intake and go to the pvc valve. the little red hose goes to the fuel pressure regulator. i dont ecatly remember where the other black plastic hose goes but it is easy to figure out. youll get it. it is not to hard.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I have an Edelbrock on there now. The problem is that the Typhoon intake uses different fittings in different places.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts