Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST GOT MY 4TH GT. THIS ONE IS A 95gt vert AODE. IT'S COMPLETELY STOCK WHICH IS NICE BECAUSE WHATEVER MODS IT WILL HAVE WILL BE COMING FROM ME. I WANT NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR THIS RIDE.(JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU) OK MY QUESTION IS THAT I WANT THE BEST EXHAUST SYSTEM POSSIBLE AND I'M THINKING OF THE BBK eQUAL LENGTH HEADERS(1 5/80, bbk H-PIPE(2 1/2), AND FLOWpATH MUFFLERS. tHIS WILL GIVE IT THE DEEP RUMBLING SOUND THAT I LOVE. IS THIS THE BEST WAY TO GO OR DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A BETTER SUGGESTION?
MY SECOND QUESTION WOULD BE ABOUT THE LOWERING SPRINGS. SINCE IT'S A VERT, IT CAN'T BE LOWERED AS MUCH AS HARDTOPS BUT WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST SPRINGS FOR THIS CAR?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
If you have the $$ go full bassani exhaust. Best system money can buy. (Never could afford one myself) lol

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
In my opinion, equal length shorties are not worth they hassle.
1. Burned plug wires
2. Take up too much valuable real estate.

Lowering the car with long tubes usually results in scraping on speed bumps and eneven surfaces.

Sound is subjective.
The deep rumble I like:
Flows
Bassini
MAC
Glasspacks with long pipes for resonance.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Best exhaust system possible is long tubes, prochamber, and catback.

I had the Eibach Pro kit on my convertible and was quite happy with it. I had longtubes and it really wasn't that bad. It would have to be a STEEP speed bump to cause a scratch.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had mac equal length shorties, pain on changing plugs and had to get a 90 boot. BBK equal length shorties, no problems, ever!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told that the long tube headers were only for manual trannys. was i misinformed? i have heard that the bbk H-pipe hangs a lower on the driver's side but i don't know if it's really that bad or not. any inputs?
Bassani would be great but the cash is not here, and i much prefer an H-pipe for 94-95, x-pipe is too loud for me.
i want the flowpath for mufflers cause i've heard them before and they sound sweet. I've had the flows and the dynomax and still like the flowpath better.
I'll take you up on the eibachs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts