Ford Mustang Forums banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
If you have 7/16 studs, you can give the poly lock quite a bit if torque. Half a turn on the adjuster and set screw, back both out 1/4 turn, and then lock it down using the outer nut.

Reactions: fasterthangas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe the deck on the intake is warped and has failed under the gasket on cylinder 5. At some point 5 may be weeping into 6. I bet if you pull the intake there will be some signature left behind from the coolant. If it’s coolant that’s finding it’s way in there I’m sure you may have some misfiring or worse which is what your experiencing. It all seems like a wired problem. Almost like floating valves from week spring but I doubt that’s your problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I just put the car back together and it's running smoother with no backfiring. Nothing stood out as wrong in the valvetrain. I readjusted all of the rockers and sealed up a leaking header. That was the ticking sound I was hearing. I did find two pins in the eec connector that were not all of the way in. One was sensor return and the other was tps. There's a slight stumble upon tip in. I think finishing the tune will fix the small issues. Thanks for all of the help!

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
I just put the car back together and it's running smoother with no backfiring. Nothing stood out as wrong in the valvetrain. I readjusted all of the rockers and sealed up a leaking header. That was the ticking sound I was hearing. I did find two pins in the eec connector that were not all of the way in. One was sensor return and the other was tps. There's a slight stumble upon tip in. I think finishing the tune will fix the small issues. Thanks for all of the help!
I'm glad to hear it was something stupid and easy.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts