Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
You'd think with 150psi of comp the valvetrain and cylinder compression would be fine. Maybe it's not throwing a hot enough spark? It's ******* but did you try a screw driver trick to visually see how much spark is going to each wire? Could be cap/rotor?

******* is stared out?! Come on. How am I supposed to type "you might be a *******" jokes.

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Reactions: Dwain

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Just switched them last week. Same issue afterwards.
I'm just throwing this out there, have you contacted a priest, bishop, rabbi, or other preferred deity for assistance?

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
No, but I did load the 308 with armor piercing rounds. I wonder if it will split the block? :unsure:
I may or may not have photos of a 10mm pointed at my car. I feel you.

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
I'm using lifetime warranty wires from Autozone. No joke. I bought them 15 years ago. Taken them back 6-7 times when I've either ripped a boot off or melted them on a header. Absolutely got my money's worth and never had a DOA wire.

Reactions: aurdraco

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
I just put the car back together and it's running smoother with no backfiring. Nothing stood out as wrong in the valvetrain. I readjusted all of the rockers and sealed up a leaking header. That was the ticking sound I was hearing. I did find two pins in the eec connector that were not all of the way in. One was sensor return and the other was tps. There's a slight stumble upon tip in. I think finishing the tune will fix the small issues. Thanks for all of the help!
I'm glad to hear it was something stupid and easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts