Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i bought a pair of tw heads for my stock bottom end 302. i have a couple of questions regarding my combo and whether the parts will compliment each other. I'm planning on running a Steeda 19 cam with 1.72rr which will put the lift about .516 the duration is 220/226. Along with the cam i have a ported tmoss explorer lower with the upper opening opened to 75mm. I also have 24lb injectors and supporting fuel components. My main question is do you think this cam will give me the most out of the combo? I'm wanting to touch into the 300rwhp territory and don't want the cam to be the weak link.. So any advice on the matter would be greatly beneficial. I'm also wanting to keep this a streetable car that could be used as a daily. That's one of the reasons i picked the 19 cam. I will however have it tuned once all the work is done.

· Registered
67 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem making that kinda power out of that combo. The TFS top end kit is rated around 325-350 rwhp and its got a stage 1 cam with a .510 lift.

· Registered
2006 Ford Mustang GT
2,938 Posts
The CompCams XE270HR-12 will yield almost identical HP (~315rwhp) but low/medium rpm torque will be much stronger than with the Steeda 19, and the CompCams is already designed with 1.7 ratio rockers in mind.
The TFS1 is better than the Steeda 19 but still not as good as the XE270HR-12 with that heads/intake combo.

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CompCams XE270HR-12 will yield almost identical HP (~315rwhp) but low/medium rpm torque will be much stronger than with the Steeda 19, and the CompCams is already designed with 1.7 ratio rockers in mind.
The TFS1 is better than the Steeda 19 but still not as good as the XE270HR-12 with that heads/intake combo.
But wouldnt that be to much lift for the stock pistons? I know duration factors into that as well.

· Registered
10,354 Posts
I had that exact cam in my old Cobra with Edelbrock heads and the ported Tmoss intake so if you run the TFS heads you should make more power than I did. I made 301/325 to the wheels and the driveabilty was great. Also sounded great and the idle was nice and rumbly.

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had that exact cam in my old Cobra with Edelbrock heads and the ported Tmoss intake so if you run the TFS heads you should make more power than I did. I made 301/325 to the wheels and the driveabilty was great. Also sounded great and the idle was nice and rumbly.
What about the xe270hr-14? the 12 is hard to come by on the classifieds.

· Registered
10,354 Posts
I found my 112 for $165 in the classifieds here, that was years ago but the cam is still made so w/e. The 114 is the exact same cam, just 114 LSA vs 112. If you can get one of them easily and cheap then I'd jump on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.