Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i took my heads off a while ago, and i am now ready to put the new ones on. the problem is, my crankshaft key was at 9:00 when i took the heads off, but some how my car has gotton pushed around and it went up to 10:30. i know thats the position i need to time it, but i need to get it back to 9:00 to put the heads on. Thats the problem it will get to about 9:30 10:00 going counter clockwise, but it just wont budge after that. It will go a tad bid up to about 11:00 clockwise though. Does anyone know what i should do? i doubt 9:00 is good enough to put the heads on even though all the pistons are below TDC, thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is it out of gear? I stuck the bolt back in with a lot of washers and set it. If it is out of gear it should turn over really easy.

Then used impact wrenh to get it back off to make sure I could set the chains on the gears right.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You cams are in a position that is causing the piston to hit the valves. Turn the crank till it stops (very slow and careful), then turn the cams 90 degrees, repeat until everything is in the proper position. Or remove the lash adjusters ...

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts