Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Mustang GT 5spd
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I dont have one on hand at the moment, aswell i compared the original crank sprockets with the new ones when installing and they were identical thickness, both being the double sprocket design. the crrank sprockets are the "adjustable design" with the different settings to advance timing and such, both are on 0, also i did not use the spacer as online it said i should use it with the thin trigger wheel.

·
Registered
1998 Mustang GT 5spd
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
if this makes sense theres like a portruding side and a flat/indented side to both sprockets, i installed both with the portruding side facing out, and the more flat side towards the rear

·
Registered
1998 Mustang GT 5spd
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
There was some additional slack on the driver side bank flat side, but after 200 or so degrees of turning most of the slack went to the tensioner side, but there is still a little on the flat side, noticably more than the passenger side bank which is pretty stiff on the flat side

·
Registered
1998 Mustang GT 5spd
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
the chains are reused i figured the tensioners would compensate because when i tried to use the new chains from the kit no amount of prying would let the tensioner slip into place, there just wasnt enough slack

21 - 40 of 62 Posts