Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one else had this problem??? i've tried everyth thing i can think of, but cant seem to find the short. if any one else experienced this please jump in and help me solve this becase the cops around here are jerks and look for little things like that to pull people over.

thanks.

· Registered
538 Posts
The easiest way to find out approximately where the short is, is with a digital ohm meter. Remove all the lamps involved with the turn signals. Then measure the resistance in the bulb socket from the turn signal wire to ground. The bulb socket with the lowest resistance to ground is really close to the short.

· Registered
1,409 Posts
did you check the fuse? its on the same circuit as your brake lights, you could possible have no brake lights aswell... possibly a brake pressure switch gone bad, or you could have pinched a wire on your clutch pedal support... have you done a tail light swap or anything like that recently? what about hazards do your hazards work?

let me know

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Subscribing.....I had this happen to me but it only did it once and I have no idea what made it pop.I tested for a short but didn't find anything.
Good luck,
-Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts