Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 foxbody I just bought a turbo kit for it. What are some good injections and maf to run. Should be pushing around 450-500hp. Do I need a ecu for it

mod are intake and exhaust

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
450-500 at the flywheel or wheels? Either way you would be right at the top of the 42# injectors. I would go 60# in case you decide for more power later. Pro-M can sell you the injectors with a matched MAF.

I thought 88's where MAP/speed density, have you converted to MAF?

Do you need a ECU for it? If you can afford it yes. There are the ways of getting around it like we all did in the old days like getting an enriched MAF that gives you 10% more fuel than a NA curve would. Running a FMU (though I have never had good success). You could also take some timing out of the distributor or run a boost retard on your ignition box. Would probably just be easier to buy a base model tweecer for $300 and throw a log-able wideband O2 in it for confirmation. Either way, without a way to tune the car, you will probably have to limit the amount of boost you run for safety.

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
I have a 88 foxbody I just bought a turbo kit for it. What are some good injections and maf to run. Should be pushing around 450-500hp. Do I need a ecu for it

mod are intake and exhaust

how does it drive now, without a turbo?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
if u have a9l or a9 whatever, get yourself a quarterhorse, download tunerpro rt and tune it yourself using A9L2 (google it)

80 lb Deka injectors, from a reliable source (don't get the chinese injectors and there are a LOT of them out there)

whatever maf suits your fancy, with tuning capability it doesn't really matter as long as it flows enough air to support your horsepower level

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm running an on3 kit on a stock low mile motor. I had the car professionally tuned with a Microsquirt ECU which eliminates the MAF. I am running low boost 6-7bs so i'm not near the numbers your looking for but i have 47lb ford racing injectors the car runs perfect.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
this may be corral's first AI member
welcome to the forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts