Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this maybe be a stupid question, but I am new to the whole turbo world. I am getting ready to purchase a HP turbo kit(t -60) and I am trying to figure out what I should buy other than the turbo kit.... I want to do it right so I was going to ask around to figure out what I should do.

thanks
Jeremy

p.s. if there is anything else I should know please just let me know.

·
Registered
418 Posts
nope. just don't boost your car and then shut it off as coking will occur.

p.s. i will be setting up a group purchase on the hp kit next week if this purchase i'm negotiating falls through. already have the go-ahead from Jim, and pricing.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, if this deal falls through I will let you know. I am hoping to go pick it up this weekend, but if not it will probably the weekend after that. I dont know if any of you saw in the new new 5.0 magazine that they are limiting the pro 5.0 turbo cars because they are getting to the point where they are so much faster than the supercharged cars...

Oh yeah can you email me the price that you would be getting for the hp kit?

thanks
Jeremy
[email protected]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah they aren't necessary, but after you are under boost you need to make sure you let the car sit and idle for @2 minutes. The turbo timer is nice b/c you take your keys and lock the doors and walk away. The timer shuts off the car on it's own and there is no chance of stealing the car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
oil temp gauge will tell the story. idling for 2 minutes does squat for oil temperatures, but will let the turbo housing cool a bit. unless you're racing to your driveway, its a non-issue. riceboy mod.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
After hard driving my CHRA will be 250-275F, and not much cooler after normal driving. Idling the turbines housings will still hit 400-500F. I don't think a turbo timer will help a whole lot beyond driving the car easy or idling before shutting it off. However I'm not watercooling my housings at this point.

This is all according to my raytek infrared temp gun.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
do they even make adapters for those GReddy or HKS timers to work on our stangs? :confused: If I were concerned about the turbos coking up I would invest in the watercooling systems like they mentioned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts