Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

DSS Universal Bolt-On Power-Adder Oil-Return Fitting (3/8" NPT). The DSS oil return fitting is the easiest and cleanest way to add an oil return to your oil pan. No welding or punching of the pan required!

PRICE: $29.99

Universal Bolt-On Power-Adder Oil-Return Fitting (3/8" NPT)

DSS 302 low profile 7qt oil pan with pickup and front passenger-side 3/8" NPT baffled oil return hole (for supercharger/turbo). This rear sump oil pan is designed to work with the 1979-1995 Mustang chassis. Works with most short and longtube headers.
DSS Racing 7qt oil pan for 302 Ford
PRICE: $299.95

DSS 351 low profile 7qt oil pan with pickup and front passenger-side 3/8" NPT baffled oil return hole (for supercharger/turbo). This rear sump oil pan is designed to work with the 1979-1995 Mustang chassis. Works with most short and longtube headers.
DSS Racing 7qt oil pan for 351W Ford

DSS 4.6/5.4 Ford low profile 7qt oil pan with front-center 3/8" NPT oil return hole (for supercharger/turbo). Works with most short and longtube headers.
DSS Racing 7qt oil pan for 4.6/5.4 Modular Ford

·
Registered
882 Posts
I dont understand the purpose. It seems instead of one hole now you need 5. And if its designed to be installed with the pan off you might as well have a fitting welded on

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX
7,815 Posts
x2

plus you don't have to worry about any of the 4 bolts coming lose and INTO the oil pan

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
This 6yr old post reminds me of how we did oil return lines like 20yrs ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Indeed it was. Still I helped a couple guys pull the pan to have a bung welded in. It always sounded like a couple guys swilling beer saying “just poke a hole in it!”. Didnt sit well with it then. DEFINITELY don't like it now. If youre going to go thru the trouble and more importantly expen$$e. Do it right. Jus saying

·
4,310 Posts
I guess. My black car had it "just poked" and was not an issue for the 10ish years it was that way. One can quickly go broke if they take the approach of just "do it right" when building a car, it quickly can snowball ... my green car was an example of that.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
The welding method is a better method but nothing wrong with doing the punch method.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts