Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all needs to take place with a 97 Cobra that has 95K miles. It has 373's, eibach springs, and a short throw shifter. Everything else on the car is stock. I am just wondering what all needs to be replaced on the car to make it run like it did when it was new. I know the shocks and struts will probably need to be replaced but will anything on the engine need to be replaced? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Daniel

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey,

If the belt has not been replaced it might be a good idea to go ahead and do that. I'd swap out the plugs and the plug wires. There isn't really much on the cobra's that can go wrong. That is my opinion that is. My 96 has 60k miles on it. The supercharger has been on for about 20k of that. I just routinely change the plugs and just recently bought a new set of MSD plug wires. The wires run kinda expensive but its well worth it. They are like $119. Excessive motorsports is the cheapest I think. They have an ad in MM&FF.

Another good idea would be to go ahead and change the clutch if it hasn't already been done. I'm getting ready to change shocks and all on mine. I bought it with 20k miles and I can tell that the ride quality has decreased. So I do know that shocks do wear over time. I dont realy have any suggestions on which shocks are best. But call around and talk to more people and try to go with the best. Any more ??'s ill try my best to help.

Aaron

·
Registered
135 Posts
start with

wires -taylor 10.5mm wires $149.00
plugs-NGK tr-55 $2.00 each
coil packs-accel $49.00 each
change oil and filter.K&N filter and mobil 1 5w-30
change tranny fuild-redline or mobil 1
change rearend fuild-redline or mobil 1
change and flush radiator fluid get two bottles of water wetter.
change O2 sensors should have changed at 50k miles.
get a K&N air filter or clean the one u got.
PVC vavle and grommets both sides of engine-quick and cheap.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Don't forget to change out the fuel filter as well....easy job :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts