Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After numerous pulls, and a new a1000 pump..we cannot tune out the lean condition that starts at 4500 (11.7 a/f) to 6000 (13.0 a/f)
kept adding fuel and nothing same outcome
fp sits a 40psi and 55psi at wot and holds steady all the way
even set the fpr to 60psi and did nothing...

using a sct 4600 meter ..doesn't appear to be pegging (a/f not sharply jumping)

fuel system consists of -10 from cell to a1000, -10 to y block, -10 to each rail...-6 returns to FPR -6 back to tank.

should be more than enough fuel

its forced induction ..vortech t-trim 14psi...
rest of the motor is in the sig

have any tuners had this problem
and what was the cause in your case..

thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
Well, I had a similar problem. My case it was a broken O-ring stuck in number 7 injector. It would run fine till about 3500 and fall lean real fast. We thught my fuel system wasnt up to the task. Friends of mine had smaller fuel systems and were making ober 100hp more than me. Took a while to find this. Found it by replacing the injectors with bigger ones.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomorrow i'm going to do a volume test..unhooking the feed lines and letting them dump into 2 gas cans see if there is and flow restriction in the main line...

someone was thinking i need a boost a pump...would i need that with an a1000 pump...

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
if you are using SCT, you have hit a hard max headroom in the maf... have your tuner rescale the maf curve 50% alone with the inj high/low slopes and displ.... this is common if you dont tune alot of fox cars with the SCT meters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts