Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trickflow 170, Upgraded PAC springs up to .650 Lift.
Scorpion 1.6rr
Trickflow chromoly pushrods for 302.

Heads have around 4500-5500 miles on them.

Also have a stage 2 cam for the right kinda deal.

E-Mail @ [email protected]. I can get you pictures and details.

$900 shipped, firm. located in indiana.

:salute:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I bought these heads from CrossBreedCoupe ( Daniel Veerkamp). I was told by him they were in perfect shape, ready to bolt on, were on a NA motor, no problems at all. When I got the heads they looked clean but I went ahead and disassembled and cleaned them. While chasing the threads in the valve cover mounting holes, I noticed a stud was broke off inside. I inventoried the studs I had received and I noticed 3 studs were missing. I emailed Daniel and he said, "I hate that 2 of them broke." So after spending $900 on the heads, im out another $25 for a new stud kit, no biggie. (would have been nice to know that up front) Anyways, after cleaning everything up, I went to lap the valves in and to my surprise, 3 valves were bent. I took them to the machine shop to confirm. My buddy at the machine shop told me 2 were mildly bent but there is no way he wasn't having some kind of issues with the third one, it was beent to hell and back. So I contacted him yesterday afternoon (around 3:30 EST) by email about replacing the 3 bent valves. im positive he was having problems with the heads, that's why I think he was selling them. I asked for him to buy the valves which are $15 a piece plus tax so that would bring the total close to $50. I offered to cover shipping. The valves are from summit and we have one in GA but its 2 hours away from me. Im waiting on his reply to see if he will man up and do the right thing........

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Sorry to hear you got screwed. Hopefully others can learn from this.

1. never buy from someone with 0 feedback
2. never buy from someone who recently joined
3. never buy from someone who doesn't post pics.

That is why I am ultra leery about buying moving parts from anyone where I can't go and touch the part first.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
He sent pics, enough to convince me they were good heads. Like I said they were clean when I received them, just like the pics. I guess you live and learn. I'm sure I will eat the price of these valves because he hasn't said anything. First time I've been stuck on corral.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'll give him until tomorrow to respond. After that he will have feedback

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
As expected no answer. Total dirt bag. Lucky he doesn't live closer or I would make a trip. I'll just have to suck this one up, lesson learned, and let everyone know not to do business with Daniel Veerkamp

·
Registered
511 Posts

That is why I am ultra leery about buying moving parts from anyone where I can't go and touch the part first.
It's in the rules that pics must be posted, but most folks don't, and it doesn't seem to be enforced. People break the classified rules at will, and attack when called on it.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Maybe post something on the ls forums as well since he mentioned an LS swap.....

·
Registered
287 Posts

I wouldn't say that I would say don't buy big ticket items from somebody with no feed back. Everybody has to start somewhere and just because they don't have feed back doesn't mean they haven't sold in the past, just might not of had the person leave feed back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wouldn't say that I would say don't buy big ticket items from somebody with no feed back. Everybody has to start somewhere and just because they don't have feed back doesn't mean they haven't sold in the past, just might not of had the person leave feed back.

The feedback system here is a joke. I've sold 35 plus items on here alone and only have 3 feedback score.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The feedback system here is a joke. I've sold 35 plus items on here alone and only have 3 feedback score.

I recently just found that leaving feedback in the classifieds feedback using a mobile ap doesn't create an Itrader rating for someone. So I went on my computer and had to redo all of the feedback from the last few months. Heads up since a lot of us probably use mobile aps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
What i cant stand is when you're good enough to leave positive for people and they dont do the same? Past 3-4 people ive dealt with havent left feed back... -.-

Anyways, op file a paypal dispute right away! "Item not as described"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.