· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Attachments

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to my engine builder and he said he thought I was better off with ported gt40p's. He's a family friend and said he thought I'd have a better street car with him just doing some work on the heads and the upper and lower intake.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

· Registered
341 Posts
I talked to my engine builder and he said he thought I was better off with ported gt40p's. He's a family friend and said he thought I'd have a better street car with him just doing some work on the heads and the upper and lower intake.
Sorry but I do not think so the gt40p's are ok ported but the cooling with the aluminum and better flow path larger valves would allow even a stock 5.0 breath and not hurt drivabilty. The intake velocity wouldn't slow much to affect torque. And the adition of full roller rockers would free up some aditional power. I would imagine as much as 20-30 hp gain over fully ported gt40p. IMO

Good luck with the sale I love my tfs 170 heads no port work and pushing the 650hp mark

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the reply. I talked it over with him for a while and we came to the conclusion that the car would be more fun on the streets with the ported gt40ps or a set of ported gt40s. I respect your opinion a ton and I've come here for help a few times, but he's done tons of 302 motors and has ported so many sets of gt40s and gt40ps and aluminum heads and he thinks for what I want the heads I have will be a better set up. I trust him a lot and know he's done good work but thanks for the opinion.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$900+ shipping

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ttt

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
boxed and ready to ship or pick up. i can meet someone half way if you're located nearby. make an offer, but please no low-balling.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttt

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you know what size combustion chambers they are, 58 or 61cc? Also are the heads 3/8 stud mount?
61cc. they have 7/16 on them now but i have 3/8 as well.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ttt

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
one sale fell through, still looking to move these. $825 + shipping. can drive up to an hour and a half to meet/drop off. also looking for 1.6 rockers, lca's, aluminum driveshaft, sub-frame connectors, and a lunati 51023 so offers for trades or trades + cash are welcome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.