1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Damn Brad, how many stickers do they give you with that thing. That alone should be worth an extra 20 HP :D

I wouldn't mind getting one of these......

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm guessing a 347 wouldn't need that much air...correct? lol

Looks nice bro, let us know how it performs!

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
I'm gonna get switching to one of those on my 347 here in a few months. Looks nice

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I can dig my trailer out of the ice and snow, I will be testing mine and a couple more cams up on the AFM dyno this weekend. Intake looks nice. How do the casting edges inside look? The prototype tested on Rick Anderson's 347 was a one-off billet piece with very smooth inserts.

I'm hoping this intake and a different cam will push me over the 500 rwhp mark.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Im also thinking about getting this intake. Brad i resized the picture for you (the one you sent me)

SVT

·
Registered
49 Posts
We showed with the prototype 6 months ago that it will support 8,000 rpm on Rick's 347. My 347 hp peaks at 7200. Based on results of the earlier testing, I expect this peak to move down in the rpm range a bit, perhaps 400-500, that the peak should be a bit higher, but the key is that average hp will pick up between 6,000 and 8,000, resulting in ET reduction.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
its about fricken time haha...damn thats alot of stickers....

and im guessing he got this intake over a spyder cause he already has the TFS lower...and to buy the spyder would cost ALOT more

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the write up on the intake for most of your questions.
This intake is different than the protoype one in the "Spin The Throttle" article, if thats what you are refering to on Rick Anderson's car.
http://www.corral.net/articles/TrickFlow

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mustang Brad said:
Here is the write up on the intake for most of your questions.
This intake is different than the protoype one in the "Spin The Throttle" article, if thats what you are refering to on Rick Anderson's car.
http://www.corral.net/articles/TrickFlow
Brad, you are correct, it is not the same intake as in the article. I refer to the actual prototype of the intake in question :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
clnpwr said:
We showed with the prototype 6 months ago that it will support 8,000 rpm on Rick's 347. My 347 hp peaks at 7200. Based on results of the earlier testing, I expect this peak to move down in the rpm range a bit, perhaps 400-500, that the peak should be a bit higher, but the key is that average hp will pick up between 6,000 and 8,000, resulting in ET reduction.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Marc,

Is that average Hp increase against the Mondo you guys had on the car or the regular TFS-R upper?

Thanks,

Btw, How do the curves compare from the Mondo to the new TFS box?

·
Registered
62 Posts
John Butt said:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Marc,

Is that average Hp increase against the Mondo you guys had on the car or the regular TFS-R upper?

Thanks,

Btw, How do the curves compare from the Mondo to the new TFS box?
Any results yet?

·
Registered
418 Posts
He's out of town right now. I'll be talking with him later today. I'm not sure if he has a laptop with him or access to a computer.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With the intake and 90mm tbody I picked up over 40rwhp!
I am currently making 487 RWHP and 487 RWTQ on motor.
I am very pleased with it, but trick flow customized another one for me to fit under my hood, with out these custom parts, you would need a 4" cowl hood.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mustang Brad said:
With the intake and 90mm tbody I picked up over 40rwhp!
I am currently making 487 RWHP and 487 RWTQ on motor.
I am very pleased with it, but trick flow customized another one for me to fit under my hood, with out these custom parts, you would need a 4" cowl hood.
what rpm were your hp and tq. peaks at, old and new? craig

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
Congrats Brad on the great HP gain. I belive your sig said you were making like 410ish HP before (a couple months ago). What other mods have you done since then?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts