Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TKO clutch alignment?

Trying to install my 26 spline disk tonight along w/ the pressure plate, however I cannot figure out how the clutch stays aligned? The alignment tool that they sent me, obviously fits the disk, however it doen't align inside the ford 10 spline crank, so how do you get this thing aligned?
do I just have to wait till I go to put the tranny in and then somehow turn the disk?

Also how is the TKO's 26 spline shaft going to fit inside the ford crank?

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021

·
Registered
126 Posts
The splined part does'nt go all the way into the crank, just the smooth (end section) goes into the pilot bearing. If the alignment tool fits the splines on the disc then you should be good to go!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Well, if you ended up with the same kind of tool that I had a while back then you will need to get creative. The disk for a TKO is actually a GM part and the pilot bearing is a different size. What I did was to wrap some masking tape around the nose portion of the tool until it fit snugly into the pilot bearing. Even then you could have a problem getting the trans seated all the way in since the alignment won't be perfect. If the trans won't go in that last 1/2" then have someone depress the clutch pedal as you push in on the trans. Worked every time for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys, makes perfect sense now.
later

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts