Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my Tremec T56 6spd transmission, this is the aftermarket T56 made to bolt up to the 302/5.0 engine. Trans has about 500 miles on it and is perfect. All shifts are nice and smooth, very tight trans. Comes with a Steeda Triax shifter for nice short shifts and a hydraulic clutch actuation setup that will include thehydraulic master cylinder, hydraulic hose and slave cylinder. The hydraulic clutch setup only has about 100 miles on it total so its practicly brand new, I have the trans in my vehicle still so you are welcome to come see how it shifts if your interested, or I can just pull it out in about 2 hours.

T56 transmission 500 miles on it
steeda triax shifter for t56
hydraulic clutch setup complete

Asking $1800 obo

·
Registered
501 Posts
What is the 5 and 6 gear ratios?Stan

·
Registered
537 Posts
Which version of the T 56 is it? Does it come with the bellhousing? I am very interested...

·
Registered
480 Posts
I assume you could switch back to a non hydraulic setup??

Is this the part number of the tranny?

M-7003-H

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trans comes complete like it is in the pic with bellhousing and Steeda Triax shifter plus a hydraulic setup that works perfect

This is the trans and where I bought it from new. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CMG-1386000012/

Gear ratios are

And guys I welcome all PM's but please dont message me saying its a well used trans and try to low ball me on price, I have close to $3000 in this setup and its perfect I think my price is waaayyy more than fair.

I would make someone a deal if they were to buy my 331 stroker motor (listed on this site) and this trans though

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 500 miles and you're selling it?

Yes I am going to a completely different type of engine in the mustang and cant use the trans in my little 67 F100 so I dont need it anymore. Kinda sad to see it go since it has great ratios, much better than the GM style T56.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you can't sell it as a whole unit, would you be willing to sell the bellhousing and/or the hydraulic clutch parts? I the T56 already but need all of the other stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would probably sell the hydraulic clutch setup complete but the bellhousing will stay with it since its and important part of this trans. PM me if your interested in the hydraulics.

·
Registered
537 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am getting several pm's about the hydro setup.

I came up with this hydro setup since I didnt want an internal slave (in case I needed to change it) and it was cheaper this way.

All the parts are new and work PERFECT in every way. Its also VERY nice knowing that if any of these parts were to fail that I could just run down to the local auto parts store and replace the master cylinder or slave cylinder easily and for cheap unlike alot of aftermarket kits that would require you to wait several days for it to be shipped to you.

dont have any pics of the master cylinder right now. As you can see it has some surface rust on it from all the rain weve had here for the past month but I can clean it up and paint it for you if its that important.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
sorry to go on a tangent but could you list the parts you used for the hydra clutch? I am very interested in your hydra clutch set-up. Was this is a 66?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes this is still for sale, too many low ballers out there thinking I'm gonna sell this thing for $1,000 NOT gonna happen!

The crossmember and driveshaft were custom made, and yes it still has the reverse lockout solenoid.

·
Formerly MustangSandi
3,891 Posts
Would you include the NEEDED crossember and driveshaft?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is no crossmember or driveshaft for this setup. I made the crossmember myself and the driveshaft was custom made both for my 66 mustang that I had this setup in. I have since modded the crossmember and the driveshaft for another setup.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts