Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is faster at the track tremec 3550 or c4 { 3500stall manual vb built by tsi } mods listed below

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
I like rowing through the gears. If you can get it to hook the tremec will be faster, but if you have traction probs, the auto will help with that, and end up being faster.

·
Registered
282 Posts
3550 is faster natural asp. Do you drive the car on the street? If you go with a C4 get a manual valve boby so you can shift at your best RPM. Bang away its already paid for, wait until it takes a crap then consider your mods and make a decision then.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
depends how good you are at driving with a 5spd, but once you get into the lower 11's and quicker it becomes alot harder to get clean shifts with a 5spd unless its pro shifted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
had t-5 had tremec now c-4 it's the best never go stick again!
red notch is right your 60ft will be all over the place t-brake the
c-4 and hold on.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I would rather have a stick but I agree, 5-speed will be faster NA as long as you can drive. Then the C4 will be better unless you have a race tranny (pro shifted or clutchless).

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Dumb qestion of the day. What is this proshifted I keep seeing over and over again.

I am fixing to swap out my very tired manual valve body C4 for a tremec and the car is going to be running low 11s to high 10s.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Pro shifting entails removing the blocker rings and most of the clutch teeth from the gears, and the sliders. First gear is left alone. The trans will no longer be synchronized for easy upshifts or downshifts when you are driving it easy. They work WOT slapping the clutch pedal, and they go straight into gear, no problems. They are great for drag cars that shift at high rpms with high hp.
Swarr auto makes a darn good one.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Thanks michael.

So daily driving one is probably not an option?:D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It all depends on what you consider a race car. I know guys who wouldnt mind daily driving a pro shifted car because of the track gains. Then again there are others who would never think of doing it for their street car, let alone a daily driver. It will provide the best track results, but you can still run great numbers on a non pro shifted tranny.

I would suggest to the average enthusiest just looking to better their track times some, not to go pro shifted as downshifting becomes an issue and has to be learned, and upshifting I have been told will leave a nice clunk into every gear, as the teeth make contact. I would suggest to stay away unless you want the best possible time out of the car and dont mind a more challenging commute every morning!

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Yeah, the Gforce unit is a nice one, but the case is still a limiting factor. I have to run a girdle on my Tremec to keep it from seperating, I couldn't imagine how much seperation the gears get under power in that puny T5 case.
I agree, I street drive my pro shifted box, but I wouldn't recommend it. It wears everything too fast. Gear replacement/wear would be accellerated.
I agree, I went in the low tens with my car with an out of the box 3550 before I pro shifted it. With practice and good clutch adjustment/release you can get it into gear easily.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
What about a V1.0 or V2.0 Trememc from X2C as compared to the G-force T5??? I am sure the Gforce is lighter and the V2.0 and maybe even 1.0 are stronger, but id it worth it to spend the extra money on the Gforce?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Mustangmichael said:
I went in the low tens with my car with an out of the box 3550
Hey this is encouraging.:) 10.9Xs would do me fine.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts