Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 LX Coupe that I have replace the T5 transmission with a TKO. I have a couple of problems I just can't seem to figure out. I am not a expert mechanic by no means, but I do have basic automoble repair ablities. I have three problems. First, It's hard to shift. Second, I get a vibration at about 4000 rpm. Thrid, every now and then, not all the time, I get a vibration when I ingage the clutch. It feels a little like wheel hop, but it's not. It only happen when starting from at complete stand still slowly, but not very often does this happen. I resurfaced the fly wheel, put a new clutch, presure plate, throw out bearing in. I all so put a new clutch cable in.

I am very puzzzled, any help would be very grateful.:confused:

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
#1 that prob is normal.. just break it in correctly install the correct fluid.. (which i assume you already have) and force that baby in gear.

#2 have you checked your harmonic balacner? tranny and motor mounts? and the tko might transmit more vibs than a t5

#3 did you get any grease or oil on the clutch or pressure plate? is your rear main seal leaking? check the motor mounts tranny mounts... who resurfaced your flywheel? sometimes they get them off center and you get this prob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still need any info anyone can give me.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts