Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing the AODE to Tremec 3550 swap next weekend. Im stoked. Is there any thing I should know about in advance? I will have two people who have done the conversion and one of those was to a tremec. I cant wait to bang the gears(and grind) all the way to a hopefully 13 second pass. I made that AODE go [email protected] I know this thing will do it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
From what I have read, the best advice is to take your time and triple check everything before going to the next step. (I am doing this swap, AODE to tremec, this summer. Are you doing the swap with or without a lift? What sort of modification is needed for the crossmember? I can't seem to get a straight answer on the crossmember question. Good Luck! Let us know how it goes

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a lift and two experienced people with me. Shouldnt take to long. Ill let you know.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, I'm one of the guys that's helping out nunly, the transmission crossmember will work perfect on the 94 and up. But if you have a 93 and earlier you need to get a new adjustable one, or drill out the holes in it to make them 2 inch grooves. Hope this helps. Nunly lemme know if DJ has the computer too for the swap cause you'll need it. Lata....

-Sly:cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sly whats with this. You all braggin and stuff. And whats with the sig. Many mods and many more to come?
Would those many mods include the pro 5.0 short throw and the BBK CAI? Huh, huh. Seriously, did they actually make a difference.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Let me tell you something, I did this awhile back (with the T-5 though) and the biggest thing that helped me was getting some air impact tools and compressor. Make butter out of those stubborn bolts. You don't need it, but it sure helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts