Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for already posting this in a dead thread, but I'm looking to get some advice and what my best option would be for a transmission going into next summer.
My 2004 GT is currently supercharged with a vortech v2 that makes around 420hp to the wheels (with the stock TR3650). Engine has forged internals, pistons, etc and it's capable of holding up to 700hp. (fuel pump issues have yet to be addressed though)

My question for you guys is: is I'm completely new to drivetrain, trainsmissions, all that jazz. Bellhousings, TKO 600, it's all a blur to me. My plan is to make 700hp at the crank next summer and I need a trans that will support that torque easily (I don't anticipate down the road ever going over 700).

Any suggestions? Is there a rebuild kit of the TR3650 that somehow magically beefs up the internals to support that amount of power or am I looking at getting a full blown race trans (auto or manual doesn't matter but I would prefer to keep my car a manual how it is already).

Sorry I know there are some topics on here about this already but I haven't found much to definitively answer my question.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention that I installed a 31 spline aluminum driveshaft recently. The clutch is currently a stage 2, Exedy 400 racing clutch (which will most likely have to go when I do all the drivetrain work)

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I would think some variant of T56/TR6060 would be the way to go. Plenty of big HP street cars out there running those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts