Quite a few people are steering towards the package XMP originally quoted me:

-T56
-Aluminum flywheel
-4:10
-McLeod street clutch
-McLeod throwout bearning
-Pro 5.0 shifter
-Aluminum driveshaft

However, a few others have said the TKO is stronger, more reliable, less expensive, and will probably outlast the T56. Those in favor of the TKO also said it's lighter than the T56. They also said that an aluminum flywheel would be a waste of money for me considering my driving style.

I didn't get a price on a TKO package, but I did find that the TKO is $1,495 while the T56 is $2,000 (if mechanical) and $2,275 (if electrical). Which would I need? They also said that I would need a belhousing, but I don't remember if it was for the TKO or T56.

I currently have 00 GT w/ P1SC running 390rwhp and 415rwtq. I plan to rebuild whenever the motor blows. The rebuild and blower upgrade will probably put me in 500-550rwhp/rwtq range.
Which transmission setup should I purchase?

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I could not recommend a certain one b/c i am not sure about the strenghts of each tranny. The only thing I can help you with is that the TKO needs a seperate bellhousing whilt the T56 does not. In addition, i do not know if the TKO is compatible with the electronic speedo while the T56 is. You have an electronic speedo. I think for your current tune the T56 should be ok but I do not know if it will take the 550lbs TQ. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ystang99gt said:
I could not recommend a certain one b/c i am not sure about the strenghts of each tranny. The only thing I can help you with is that the TKO needs a seperate bellhousing whilt the T56 does not. In addition, i do not know if the TKO is compatible with the electronic speedo while the T56 is. You have an electronic speedo. I think for your current tune the T56 should be ok but I do not know if it will take the 550lbs TQ. I hope this helps.
Thanks for you response.

Anyone else? Any and all advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts