Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I was looking around behind the intake with a flashlight this evening and saw this:

This is the top most bolt holding the transmission housing to the engine. I immediately got under the car and checked the other ones, they all look okay. Transmission shifts fine, no sign of trouble, but a bolt left obviously un-torqued CANNOT be a good thing :crying:

I'm going to be getting in touch with the mechanic who did the engine install tomorrow in a big way. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this. Could it have backed out on it's own or was it likely left un-torqued? Couldn't reach it to see if it was loose, likely is. Probably going to require dropping the motor to re-torque -- argggghhhh...

Thanks,
Chris

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
One bolt not tightened probably won't cause you any problems. The bigger issue, in my opinion, is that your mechanic doesn't take the minimal time required to re-check his own work. That scares me--you should ALWAYS recheck your work because everybody makes mistakes.

Take it back and lay into him (in a polite way)!

-Pat <---This is why I do ALL my own work...and I look over myself afterwards! ;)

·
Registered
2013 For Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible
3 Posts
One bolt not tightened probably won't cause you any problems. The bigger issue, in my opinion, is that your mechanic doesn't take the minimal time required to re-check his own work. That scares me--you should ALWAYS recheck your work because everybody makes mistakes. Take it back and lay into him (in a polite way)! -Pat QUOTE] Will having 1-3 loose bolts on my transmission cause any shifting issues or cause any other problems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently had my 2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 transmission replaced by Ford with the new 2022 manual 6 speed transmission. I took my car to a race shop to have a racing clutch installed along with a few other engine upgrades to have better performance while racing. After I got the car back, I noticed when shifting my clutch was sticking. After researching it was recommended to upgraded the clutch spring. Altering doing this I still had the same issues, so I also did the other recommendation and I put a new clutch cable. However, I am still having issues shifting with the clutch sticking, and being able to feel the clutch being pulled to the floor as well. I just found 2 bolts loose on the transmission both on the top, would this cause the problems with my shifting? I am taking it back to the race shop tomorrow morning to have it looked at. Should I worry about the loose bolts causing damage to my car and wasting all the money I have put into it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You bumped a 20 year old thread…

For what it’s worth, take it back to the shop. I’m not trying to sound like an ass but you don’t seem to really know what you’re talking about. Let the shop handle it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You bumped a 20 year old thread…

For what it’s worth, take it back to the shop. I’m not trying to sound like an ass but you don’t seem to really know what you’re talking about. Let the shop handle it.
I know what I’m trying to say, it’s just not coming out right. I’m just so damn frustrated and pissed, I did what they recommended for my Mustang so that the clutch wouldn’t stick, and we could race. But yes, I am taking it back to the shop first thing in the morning. We paid quite a bit of money to have all these racing upgrades installed and just trying to work out the kinks, thankfully though this is the only one we’ve had. Which as I read seems to be a common problem with all the work we’ve had done. Hopefully they can fix it tomorrow and we will be back on the road racing. Thanks for your input..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts