Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a shift kit, AOD HP Transgo kit the instructions (well the 4 or 5 pages) are missing So I used the Video that came with it as instructions , But it doesnt cover the optional hp(hi rev) mods. I cant figure out where this (governor ) Custom Valve and spring goes , I do have a page that was with the kit , whick shows this valve being acessed but two bolts (It does not look like this is a valve on the the valve body) It gives mention on the instruction page (which is set up very bad ,like a black and white copy of a copy) - shows it being acessed by a cover plate, also mentions "It is not necessary to remove the counterweight" "the dimple installs towards the trans" in the pic it shows the valve ,red spring ,a piece that it refer's to the one end having **** and then what looks to be a small valve- inserting in to this part that I cant make out. I would call them but its sunday , and i cant find anything on the web , I need help bad , would like to get this trans back together asap THANKS AHEAD

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, it goes in the tail shaft. When I first installed my kit I didn't install it. The kit worked fine except the 2-3 shift occurred a little low around 5100 rpm. I had a transmission shop install it and replace the tail shaft bushing now it shifts at about 5500 rpm.

Good Luck, Don

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Don for the input, I was wondering how much affect it would have not installing it. I did find it and install it last night. Im glad I chose the transgo kit, It definitly has alot more mods than the B&M Transpak. The only complains I have is for the price of this kit ,, (1)Theres no filter (2) no gasket for the tailshaft. I got mine off ebay for $74.00 . But none the less its installed and ready to go in my project car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts