Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how many bottles of lube to put into a T5?
I might have to change the lube on a stock T5 in a 88 GT.
Which lube is the the overall best choice for the T5?

What about for a differential? How much lube and which one is the overall best choice? I know that for the diff I have to put in friction modifier also.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 quarts for the T5?
How many for the diff?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Are we goin to go through this again? Let this thread die or lock it. Do a search there are a few hundred threads just like this.

We are due for another NOOOB to start a thread on "How do I ID GT40 Heads"......:mad:

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
when i add lube to my t5 I also add in Prolong transmission treatment. It really helps quiet things down and gave me smoother shifts in my T5.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
mikejb said:
Are we goin to go through this again? Let this thread die or lock it. Do a search there are a few hundred threads just like this.

We are due for another NOOOB to start a thread on "How do I ID GT40 Heads"......:mad:
If you have nothing positive to add to the thread then don't respond.
Skip this thread and go somewhere else.
It goes to show how much time you have on your hands because if you didn't you would not have responded now would you?

BTW I did search but coudn't find the answer to my question.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well it's quite clear you have no idea on how to search the forums or read the owners manual. Kinda makes me wonder how in the world you are able to get on a computer and surf the net. Don't worry your not the only one on this forum that has your handicap. :lol:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=444049 This thread was on page 3 of this forum. It was real hard to find.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why are you so worried about what I do? :confused:
Why don't you get a life.

Not every one has the owners manual.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It's nothing personal. Someone has to try to teach how to use common sense. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey 88 gt dont mind them i had the same problem when i asked that simple question and i got alot of crap from it and it p***ed me off. you are right they dont have a life. anyway back to to subject. you can do a search at the top of the page and type t5 lube or something close to it. i search on gm's synchromesh and redline. they are both pricey but i put gm stuff in my buddy's car and it did wonders. try a search on it and you can decide for yourself. eveyone had alot of good recommendations for it just as redline. alot of them were good but i think one person didnt like it. its up to you. the 6 i read was 1)gm synchromesh 2) redline d4atf 3) redline mtl 4) 2qt redline d4atf and 1qt redline mtl 5) 2 good dextronIII/mercon atf and fill the rest with ford friction modifier 6) dextronIII/mercon atf and lucas oil stabilizer. i know its alot but pick one or try all of them. oh by the way TYPE IN ALL CAPS IT MAKES SOME OF THESE NO LIFE JERKS MAD.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey dpizzati I see you found the caps lock key. BTW I found your reply on that guy with the smoking Intake problem amusing.

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
mikejb said:

LOL feel the pain...FEEL THE PAIN!!!!

Did some stupid magazine just write an article recommending fluid change? Where ARE all these T-5 fluid questions coming from lately?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think they know what fluid to use. Maybe not and are too lazy to search the site OR if they have the owners manual they are too lazy to read it. I am surprised I don't recall seeing any threads about "Whats the best antifreeze to use?" :rolleyes:

/me shrugs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts