Ford Mustang Forums banner

traction problems!

575 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  FordFreak300 
#1 · (Edited)
How do you get some tractions with a car with 300-400 rwhp on the street with some sorry @$$ tires? Im spinning my tires HARD in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear. I really cant afford some new tires right now but what are the tips/tricks you guys use to get some traction? I have UCA and LCA if its any help. Also if I do decided to get some tires in the near future, what should I get?

#2 ·
Get some dot approved drag radials that are legal for the street man. Fit the biggest you can on your rims. What car do you own and what mods?

#4 ·
Drag radials should help, but wont solve your problem unless you tub it out or something. it must feel great to have all that power.lol what hve you run in the 1/4 mile?

#6 ·
thats extreme. wow

#9 ·
If it were me, I'd get a good set of adjustable uppers and set the pinion angle at about -3 and see what that does... But you are still going to need a decent tire.... Have you seen Mickey Thompson's new Drag Radial? From what I've heard and seen, I bet they will be a sticky tire.

#11 ·
Quicker weight transfer would help also. Some Lakewood 70\30 struts & Moroso drag springs up front will be ok for the street & really help "plant" those tires you're going to purchase.......50\50 Lakewood shocks out back too....

#13 ·
young316 you jinxed me didn't you? I knwo it was you!!! I went to the track tonight and got crappy traction all night. I was so frustrated I left after 5 passes. ohh yeah the burnout I did while still in reverse didn't help out matter much HAHAHA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.