Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
If you keep stabbing the throttle coming out of a corner like from a stop sign like I think your doing:cool: , your going to have this problem with most any limited slip diff that uses clutches. It will always spin the inside tire. All you are really soing is burning your clutch packs. If you keep doing this you will eventually be stuck with one wheel peel. That is why if your are going straight both tires spin.. You diff is still working. Track locks are supposed to slip around corners, thats the whole point.

· Registered
154 Posts
MFE, While what you stated was true, that the trac-loc reacts to torque input, they still cannot stay locked for very long in abusive type of stuff like flooring it and
cranking it to the right or left from a stop sign. This is like the worst thing for a clutch type of diff. This is the type of driving I was reffering to. The only thing I know of that will survive that type of crap is a ratcheting locker type of diff. Eventually you will end up wrecking the car if you keep doing this kind of crap:) I don't think that the POS track loc is that durable anyway.

Unkle Ronny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.