Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I've had a slew of problems in the past 6 months. From a broken T-5, to a backordered T-56, to a broken timing chain that lead to bent valves. Well I finally got everything back together, finished some much needed wiring, and bought some new nittos. I did put my 3.33in pulley back on (forgot how big that thing was), b/c with the 2.95in the fuel system was not up to it. The ET in the sig is from way back in April '02. At that time I had the 2.95in pulley, stock EEC, T-5 and 3.73s (too much gear). Now I have the PMS, T-56 and 3.55s. Its been a long time since I've raced so I am not expecting much for the first few track visits. With the less boost, if I could get some 11.70s out I will be happy for now. Going to try to go racing sunday night, if I can remember how. I just need some serious track time with the PMS.

Troy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good luck.. Bling and I are going to try the track on the 25th. My issue still isnt fixed yet??? I have no ideas on what it is either.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The one with the car losing power and torque @ 4600 till 5400 rpms. I lose near 40 to the wheel w/ no change in the air/fuel??

But back to you. What are you expecting?? 11.00 to 11.40's??

Good luck:D

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Troy,
wasn't you seeing 13psi with the 2.95' pulley? What do you predict you'll be seeing with that larger 3.33", about 10? Tell you what, when I raced last and ran [email protected] with a 3.85' pulley and 10#'s of boost the car felt ok, however when I put on a 3.55" pulley and see about 13psi now, it is a huge difference in power. ( Don't know what my point is )
Just saying that there is a huge difference in the power between 10psi and 13psi in my opinion, and I am sure you will be able to tell the difference. I honestly believe that there is about a 3-4 mph gain with the additional 3psi with my combo, so I'd say easily the same with you.

let us know how you do

later

Dan

·
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SilverGT:...no no no...I think 11.60-11.70s will be good enough with this big pulley. Forgot how big that thing is..lol.

Dan: The reason I put the big pulley back on is this: 1. not enough fuel system with the added boost (was seeing 14-15 with the other pulley) 2. I feel more comfortable, for now, with the bigger pulley with the motor and tuning with the PMS. I just got this motor running again and I want it to last a bit, so if that means slowing down the car then so be it. I know this was a long time ago, but with this 3.33in pulley, Cobra intake, stock 60mm tb, stock EEC...I went 11.87 @ 120 in July heat. So I think 11.60s should be attainable. I just know I am going to be a little rusty the first few passes. I'll let ya know, if the numbers aren't too embarrasing...lol.

Troy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Right on good luck:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Redsnk95,
Why did you go with the pms over the tweecer you had? Just curious?
j-m Cain

·
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J-M Cain: Well I went with the PMS for a few reasons. It is very simple to use, and I love having the boost tables. I really liked the TwEECer and think it is a great product. But I didn't like having a set timing curve and fuel curve. I just feel more comfortable with the PMS. Like I said before, the boost tables really make things easy when doing the timing curve. I just set up the boost table and boost retard and then go back and fine tune it in the WOT tables....pretty straight forward.

94BLOWNCOBRA: Tranny feels great, like butter on the street and even better at WOT. No I haven't powershifted it yet, nor will I ever power shift it...lol. I just don't powershift my trannies.

Troy

·
Registered
339 Posts
PMS??? Now that sounds like the way to go with me...... How much money does it cost??? Altogether??

·
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only know of two EFI Systems dealers...Total Performance and Anderson Ford Motorsport. I know AFM sells the kit for $789 + ~$50 for the MAP sensor. I bought mine from Total Performance for $725 + ~$40 on the MAP sensor. You can go to EFI Systems' website and download the manual to check it out.
http://www.efisystems.com

Troy

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Redsnk95 said:
I only know of two EFI Systems dealers...Total Performance and Anderson Ford Motorsport. I know AFM sells the kit for $789 + ~$50 for the MAP sensor. I bought mine from Total Performance for $725 + ~$40 on the MAP sensor. You can go to EFI Systems' website and download the manual to check it out.
http://www.efisystems.com

Troy
Whats the web for total performance ?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Redsnk95 said:
http://www.totalperformance.com

But his website doesn't have it listed. It is best to call or email Brad about the PMS, phone number and email is listed on his page. Tell him Troy sent ya.

Troy
Thanks bro

Hey dont leave us hanging with the track times, be sure to post asap when you get back.. Shoot this is a important as a woman keeping updated on the soaps:joy:

Carl

·
Registered
624 Posts
So you gonna race,or are ya skeered Troy??
:p
You better tell me how you run,especially if its embarrasing :D

·
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LMAO! I was thinking maybe I should have kept my track visit secret in case it is embarrasing. Nah you know, I'll pull out one good run...

troy

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Damn Troy, I saw the title of this thread, then your name, and I was all excited to see your new numbers(!) Only to realize you habven't gone yet. Dough!

Have you done any tuning yet with the PMS? It took me awhile before I started wringing some good power out of mine (didn't want to get to agressive right off the bat;))

If you want, we can always share some set points and see how each of us have ours tuned.

Good luck sunday (I'll be waiting for your thread)

BTW- Its 7 degrees out here and we have several inches of snow on the ground. Thats right. Seven Degrees.:rolleyes: Have fun at the TRACK. :(

·
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bishop, we should definitely share information. But just to clarify, I still have yet to install a fuel system or the 55lb injectors. One of these days I will have the money to buy the fuel system. Just sucks that my rearend is peg-legging (maybe), and I need the fuel system. I'm still trying to decide my next purchase. I need to see how the rearend reacts sunday, and I will go from there. As for the PMS, I am loving it very much and can't wait to get on the track with it. My buddy made a nice lil bracket for the PMS so I can monitor the O2s going down the track till I get the wideband.

Troy

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
All the settings that I currently have are for my 36lb/hr injectors along with my old combo, so it should be somewhat close to what you have.

I shoot you a spreadsheet via email later today that includes all my settings so you can compare.

Later

1 - 20 of 23 Posts