Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got about 400 miles on the motor and let her have it.

Need to update the sig, but the basic combo is a DSS 347 with untouched AFR185's and custom cam from FTI. Compression should be around 10.5:1. 80mm Pro M, 75mm TB, 30lb injectors, RPM2 intake unported. Currently am using my old 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55 gears, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, t5, and basically stock suspension. Rear springs are original, front springs are Motorsport C's. Original rear shocks w/100k miles on them. 93 cobra front struts. Car weight is about 3300 lbs with me in it.

First run, launched at about 4500 rpms.
[email protected] 115.5

Second run, upped the fuel pressure 2 lbs.
[email protected]

Third run, upped fuel pressure 2 more lb
[email protected]

Fourth run, upped timing a couple degrees to about 18
[email protected]
Bad launch, car bogged

Fifth run, put timing back down
[email protected]

called it a day.

You can see I didn't have a chance to do too much tuning, although the fuel pressure increases seemed to help a lot and was probably very close to optimum. The car is idling terrible still. Need to do some investigating.

The 60ft times were 1.6's with the two best runs being 1.60
With the 3.55 gears and more street oriented suspension, I am leaving a ton of time on the table. Should probably go 11.4's at the very least with some new gears, shocks, struts, and springs.
May be awhile before that happens.
For what it matters, the 26x9" hoosiers were hooking pretty dang well considering the are a few years old and are getting down there. The car didn't really feel that strong, but I guess it's just me. It's bogging during the upshifts most of the time, so it needs some serious tuning to see what the A/F ratio is.

Should be interesting to see how far it will go with a better suspension and more gear :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hummmm, well, you'd have to ask Ed on that. You may want to practice getting in to Fort Knox first.

All kidding aside, I won't divulge the specs out of respect for Ed and his livelihood.

Paul

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
How aggressive did you tell ed you wanted the cam? What rpm did you tell him you wanna shift at? The bogging is probably due to the 26" tire with 355 gears. Get some 410's!! Nice combo, any plans to dyno it?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car never bogged with my old combo and same gearing. It's not a huge bog, but it's there.

I told him I wanted the car to remain streetable and shift about 6000. I want to retain the stock rev limiter. The runs I made were shifting right about 6k.

·
Registered
12,785 Posts
Those are some very nice times, and some pretty good 60' times, especially considering the 3:55's and stock suspension.

I wanna 347! :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'm impressed. -Seems like those combos are running high 12's around here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good times. I sure with more tuning it will only get faster.
Good luck.;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't planning on putting a drag style suspension on it, but now I sort of want to see how far it will go. I think I will look into some springs and will probably try the Strange adjustable shocks and struts and money permits. I'm thinking some 3.90 gears might fit the bill about perfect.

The car wants to unload the tires after it hits. I can see the video where it pops up, unloads, and pops back up again right before I hit 2nd. There's a lot of waste going on there. waste waste waste

I have a video of the worst run, but when I convert it, it ends up about 12 MB. I don't have anywhere to host it, but I'm working on it.

Paul

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Christ I got a similar combo on a 306/stock AOD combo and I barely ran in the 13's!

Cubes Rule! (I guess sticks do too)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts