Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading many post from old threads I still am not sure what fluid to put in my trans. From what I have read it takes either ATF or Syncromesh. What is the correct answer to what fluid to use?

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
You'll get 10 different answers because of all the issues with the 1st run 3650 transmissions. People came up with "secret sauce" to try to bandaid it, others swear by royal purple or some sort of redline mix. Me personally having had two of them I have never NEVER had them shift better than with straight up Pennzoil Synchromesh you buy at Autozone or wherever. It is "dino" so you will want to change it out every 10-15k miles but that's easy on these cars.

3.2 quarts filled through the shifter.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
If you cant find an OEM shutter wheel, Pro-M sells highly accurate versions for the MSD distributors. I see the IAC is disconnected, this looks like it is going to be fun.
You'll get 10 different answers because of all the issues with the 1st run 3650 transmissions. People came up with "secret sauce" to try to bandaid it, others swear by royal purple or some sort of redline mix. Me personally having had two of them I have never NEVER had them shift better than with straight up Pennzoil Synchromesh you buy at Autozone or wherever. It is "dino" so you will want to change it out every 10-15k miles but that's easy on these cars.

3.2 quarts filled through the shifter.
Glad you posted this silversmith, im getting ready to switch my steeda shifter for a mgw and gonna change the oil at the same time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've tried several and am happy after going back to Mobil1 ATF which I believe is factory fill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts