Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before @ KOEO = .56V
After adjustment @ KOEO = .91V

OMG!!! What a difference it makes. Car seems to accelerate a lot better and engine revs very smoothly. Am I just "thinking" it made a difference or can the TPS voltage really effect engine performance.

·
Registered
453 Posts
.56V was pretty low before. I don't think you're imagining things.

When you're at idle, it won't matter much, and not at all in closed loop (mid level, cruising). At WOT, it should make a difference, though. I don't know whether you have a MAF or not, but if you do, MAF and TPS are the major components of the load input. I think it's even more important if you don't have a MAF, but I will defer to someone who knows more about that than me.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
66COUP said:
Before @ KOEO = .56V
After adjustment @ KOEO = .91V

OMG!!! What a difference it makes. Car seems to accelerate a lot better and engine revs very smoothly. Am I just "thinking" it made a difference or can the TPS voltage really effect engine performance.
See my sig :)
and
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=228331

Also, to adjust the tps by .4v at idle would require a MASSIVE elongation of the mounting holes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did have to elongate the holes about 1/4" on each side so I could turn it clockwise increasing the voltage. My car doesnt even blow smoke anymore at WOT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts