Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of bullitt wheels today to put on my 2013 V6 base model. They came new on a 2009 V6 premium. My question is are the 2009 TPMS sensors the same as those in 2013 models or do I have to have the ones from my wheels put in these wheels? I was going to put these on the car tomorrow with the Pirelli tires that were on them because they still have a lot of tread left. One wheel has about a 3" length of minor curb rash and other than that they're perfect. I think I got a great deal for $400. The only minor problem is it was a 370 mile round trip down to Tennessee to get them but I hauled a$$ and made it in 5 1/2 hours.... :evilgrin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put the new wheels on today and the idiot light didn't come on for the TPMS sensors like I was told it would so that's cool.... :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do any of you people know anything about TPMS sensors?

Today I had my Goodrich tires put on the bullitt wheels at a local tire shop and I had them leave the sensors in the 2009 wheels instead of putting in the ones from my 2013 wheels. Now the idiot light is on and the low tire pressure light keeps flashing. What do I need to do to alleviate this situation?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If similar to the ford vans there is a tool needed for the car ro relearn tpms sensors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Please answer my question in the next post. Thanks....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a new set of TPMS sensors which are attached to the valve stems. Do I have to have the old band type sensors removed from the wheels because they might interfere with the programming of the new ones or can I just leave them in there? Thanks....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The training tool arrived today and I followed the instructions and got the "Program Left Front Tire" message. I held the sensor next to the valve stem and nothing happened and finally the horn honked twice which means it didn't work and I needed to start over. I tried it several times and it still wouldn't work. There are two ways to get the car in learn mode-one by turning the key on and off several times and the other is to turn the flashers on and off three times in 10 seconds. I tried both and it still didn't work. Then I remembered someone saying that any other sensors shouldn't be too close to the car. My old wheels were on the other side of the garage about 15 feet away so I pulled the car out in the driveway and tried again and this time it worked! Thanks to all those who offered advice and positive comments....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts