Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other late night junkies around???

I was pretty convinced when that impala made a 20 hp gain at the rear wheels all from this tornado device.

I don't believe for a second that this thing works.

Rather than biased opinions, can someone explain to me in technical terms with real knoweledge on this unit why it DOES or does NOT work???

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
They dyno they use looks fake, I have never seen one with a dial on the wall instead of a computer. Why wouldnt it work? It's like driving with a sock in your airbox. My friend got one out of a used car at work one day, we put it in his girlfriend's Mustang, without telling her, the next day she asked why her car was bogging and felt slow. We busted out laughing and told her we put the Tornado in it. It WAS slower too. Those things are JUNK!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The most layman way to describe why it doesn't work is that before the combustion chamber, you want the fastest, most linear stream of air possible. Adding a "swirl" detracts from straight-line air movement. Hell, I even doubt they add a swirl, but rather just slow the air flow down.

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
It's an obstruction, plain and simple. If it's relying on the energy of the incoming air to turn it in the first place, then it is USING some of the energy to do so, and that makes the intake tract less efficient.

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
Absolute snake oil. Turbulance in the intake is a bad thing. Turbulance in the combustion chamber has been a trick used in the past by Ford(tumble port heads, for example), however, that was abandoned for a more efficient design.

It's an obstruction with very effective marketing, plain and simple...

·
Registered
260 Posts
http://www.higginsfordperformance.com/dynotest.htm

Higgins Ford Performance in Atlanta has results posted for the Tornado on thiere website.

Car: 2000 Mustang GT
Mods:
K&N Filter
Steeda Pullies
Autologic Chip
Bassani X-Pipe(catted)
Flowmasters(2-Chamber)
3.73 Gears

Run With Tornado RWHP/RWTQ
1 230.6rwhp 273.5rwtq
2 232.9rwhp 274.9rwtq
3 233.8rwhp 275.4rwtq

Run Without Tornado RWHP/RWTQ
241.8rwhp 283.2rwtq
237.5rwhp 279.4rwtq
238.5rwhp 279.4rwtq

Now that is a great testimonial for this POS!

GAINS -8/rwhp -7.8/rwtq

·
Registered
709 Posts
my buddy has one of those pos' in his integra--better send him a link to this thread.

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
Just have your buddy do his tps sensor mod and leave the tornado in there, it's all the same to rice! :lol:

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
93Cobra#2771 said:
Absolute snake oil.
Since you own a Cobra, does that mean that you support the Tornado? ;)

93Cobra#2771 said:
Just have your buddy do his tps sensor mod
WATCH OUT! Doing the TPS mod is a RELIGIOUS THING! The corral does not support the bashing of Religions. Even if they are mega stupid! :) (Uhm, that still doesn't stop some of us. :D)

BTW: I was going to post my typical response to these types of questions. But, I just complained to Chris about the "Paypal $$ for help"-type of posts.

So, I didn't think it was right to say...
The Tornado is pure BS!

For A REAL DYNO PROVEN MOD, you can NOT go wrong with my DYNO PROVEN mod of swinging a dead rubber chicken around your head and saying "DOGGIES RULE!". For details, send me money. I TAKE PAYPAL! Corral members get a discount - it's only $3,422.51! WHAT A DEAL! :) :)

The point is that it's *easy* for anyone with basic dyno knowledge to BS dyno results.

But, still, MY DYNO PROVEN mod IS the best! :joy:

So, I guess I won't say the above. ;) BTW: I also offer paypal $500 guaranteed non-DOA insurance. But, I can't mention that either. ;)

Guess all I can say is:
"DOGGIES RULE!
"DOGGIES RULE!
:joy: :joy:

BTW: Every one else is free to PM Chris with their views on those moronic "$$ for help threads".
http://www.corral.net/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=1414

·
Registered
260 Posts
For A REAL DYNO PROVEN MOD, you can NOT go wrong with my DYNO PROVEN mod of swinging a dead rubber chicken around your head and saying "DOGGIES RULE!". For details, send me money. I TAKE PAYPAL! Corral members get a discount - it's only $3,422.51! WHAT A DEAL!

My friend has a 10 second civic that has the rubber chicken mod. He went from 16's in the quarter to 12's with just a CAI and exhaust, then the chicken brought him into the 10's. Your price is a little high though, I can get it from Excessive Motorsports for $2500.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put this tornado in my 6 cylender camaro.. Noticed a slite difference, but not enough to pay $70 or recomend it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I can certainly see how it might improve mileage slightly by restricting the flow of air into the motor... :(

As mentioned by others, though, I cannot see how an impediment to airflow would create power... :rolleyes:

Along these lines, has anyone seen the "bilge pump" superchargers that are sold on eBay?

Here is the "ERAM" supercharger....

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
stangPlus2Birds said:

For A REAL DYNO PROVEN MOD, you can NOT go wrong with my DYNO PROVEN mod of swinging a dead rubber chicken around your head and saying "DOGGIES RULE!". For details, send me money. I TAKE PAYPAL! Corral members get a discount - it's only $3,422.51! WHAT A DEAL! :) :)

"DOGGIES RULE!
"DOGGIES RULE!
:joy: :joy:

:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

OMG Somebody PLEASE help pick me up from the Floor!!!LMFAO!!

:lol:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Interesting, My father bought me one of these for my birthday last year for my truck. I went from 13 MPG city to 16MPG

Highway went from 15 to 18MPG ( that 18 was on the way to corral day 03 with a car and trailer on it.) I was impressed that I average 18 the whole way up and down the mountains. I have not check milage since, but it gets about 50 more mile to a tank of normal driving!!!???

Interesting that the actual dyno showed about a 10hp loss with it!! But then again, I used to be able to ignite the tires and now they just squeal a little. Might have something to do with it having 180,000 miles!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

I love these little guys. They save me some typing.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeaaaaah. How could some marketing experts come up with something the factory couldn't?
The tornado is good at sucking money out of your pocket. Forget it, or just tape a magnet to your fuel line to align your gas molecules.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just had one installed in my 02 Rodeo V6. Lasted 3 days on it because I didnt have time tio return it!!! Crap!!! Plain and simple:mad:

Velez

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
It takes some of the air out and then the computer takes some of the fuel out and you spend $70 for it. You could do the same thing by putting some duct tape over part of your air filter, and that makes about as much sense.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts