Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy me some of that Torco Accellator?(spelling?) Someone mentioned it to me (I think it was cobra killer but not 100% sure).

Anyone else buy this stuff? If so, where do you get it and how much?

Thank you!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RavenGT said:
Tim, dude, talk to Spence, I think Rhodes is a supplier for Torco products.

joe
Joe... thanks but I don't want to drive all the way to Delaware to get something :) Anything closer to me?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
You mean you can't ship that overnight through an air carrier? Geez, whats this world coming to when you can't ship highly flammable fuels on a airplane?

I would call him, maybe he can work something out for ya, I know Ben has ordered through Spence, and Ben's in Ohio.

joe

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RavenGT said:
You mean you can't ship that overnight through an air carrier? Geez, whats this world coming to when you can't ship highly flammable fuels on a airplane?

I would call him, maybe he can work something out for ya, I know Ben has ordered through Spence, and Ben's in Ohio.

joe
LOL... yeah and I'd like to go ahead and order some JP5 too for my jet fighter :) Seriously though... I'm looking for an alternative that isn't 2+ hours away.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've used the stuff for several months now. Works great! I order it directly from Torco 1-800-67-TORCO since the nearest dealer is in Las Vegas. It's $12 a can and I order it by the case (6 cans) for about $86 +/- w/ shipping. I use 1/2 can w/ every fill up. The main reason I'm using it is b/c of my tuning/detonation issues. I know of two tuners in Cali that have tested the stuff extensively on several different set-up's.

Dean

·
Registered
813 Posts
I always bought mine from Spence and he would ship it to me in NC when I used to live there. Its no big deal.

John

·
Registered
472 Posts
I believe 1 can will raise 93 octane to 104. I wonder what it would do to the 100 octane pump fuel I can get at the local gas station here. It's $3.30 a gallon!

dave

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone ever try Xylene(sp?) I've heard of alot of the big boost (GN) people using it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Tim,

Torco is a great product. It kept my motor from grenading when I was having issues with my chip. When I was using my Autotap to figure out how much timing I was running, the following was experienced by my car's motor while it was red-lined through all four gears:

One full can of Torco + 8 PSI of boost + 26 degrees of timing :eek: :eek: :eek:

There was no pinging and the motor held up during that run. I really feel that had it not been for the 104 octane level in my gas tank, my engine would have been toast. Needless to say, I now run 16.5 degrees of timing with the same boost levels. :lol:

I ordered a case of Torco from Spence, at Rhodes Custom Auto. He is great to work with. He had my case of 6 cans shipped out to me within a week. The cost is $12 a can + tax + shipping.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
1BadAzzGT said:

Joe... thanks but I don't want to drive all the way to Delaware to get something :) Anything closer to me?
Tim, he ships today you have tomorrow. You are in the next day UPS zone from him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts