Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the smog pump succesfully and have a bunch of lines and tubes. The big tube that goes to the back of the heads that went into the canister then to the pump, do I close that off or what.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
My 'P' heads had no holes in the back, so going from what I've read on here - The tubes to the backs of the heads unscrew out of the heads, and I believe Ford makes a plug with which to plug the holes. The tube from the H-pipe can be crimped shut, or fitted with a piece of hi-temp hose (heater hose) with a plug in the end of it. Get all that tubing crap out of the pass-side of the engine compartment, and now you can actually see stuff, like your spark plugs! lol!

Good luck!

Wade

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant i just take out the cat tube

Hey cant I just take that big long metal cat tube out. Then crimp the end of the metal pipe it goes onto. Then rip all the dumb tube stuff out of passenger side and plug up the holes behing the heads.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Re: cant i just take out the cat tube

Slow93Colt said:
Hey cant I just take that big long metal cat tube out. Then crimp the end of the metal pipe it goes onto. Then rip all the dumb tube stuff out of passenger side and plug up the holes behing the heads.
In one word. Yes.

I still have my smog pump on but I don't have the hose from the H-pipe on there anymore.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I removed the pump and all the hoses. Used a plug and JB Weld at exhaust tube near cats. To plug the hoses off of the heads, I cut the rubber as short as possible and then used a piece of round aluminum stock with a c-clamp to plug up exhaust coming from engine. Works great, with no leaks...but new heads that are going in will eliminate tubing.

good luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about all those little tubes to back of intake manifold and other little devices

all those little tubes from back of intake manifold and other devices i just ripped off too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts