Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wtf???? i took the off road h pipe off and put the stock one back on, for sake of selling my car and the sec light is still on. i reset the computer last night, and when i cranked it up this morning, it was off for about a minute and then it came back on. wtf gives??? any suggestions?????

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and btw, car runs fine. nothing seems to be wrong with it, or i don't know why there would be, should i just try and reset the computer again????

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh and i also meant ses light before i get flamed :eek: :evil:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Did you recheck all the O2 connections?
It may be that one of the O2s are bad.
I'd unplug the battery one more time to see if that clears it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have never had one go bad, but i always heard that when one went bad, it made the car run like ****

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. Then BEFORE reconnecting it, push on the brake pedal for 30 seconds. This will drain any store "juice" out of the system. Then hook the battery back up.

If that doesn't work, I would have the code checked to see what code it is. Could very well be a different code than what you think it is. Could be an exhaust leak, bad sensor, or even something totally unrelated to the H-pipe swap.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i want to get an old project car. like 65-69 stang and restore it. i really can't afford to do it with this car. also there are too many of these new gts around and i like to have something differant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts