Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed LT's and new MSD 8mm wires on my 94 Cobra and like an idiot one of the spark plug wires were left on a header. Where can I go to replace this 1 wire? Can I go right to MSD, or maybe Summit? Any advice??

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Just to get you buy, auto parts stores, AutoZone, Pepboys Orilleys, sell indivudual wires. Probly not the same size, but will be better than a burnt wire.
Don't feel too bad, I have done the same thing and ran the AZ wire for a year, till I burnt another wire, then I changed the whole set.:)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the whole thing worked out OK. I bought the blue MSD 8mm wires and I just happened to have the same color blue electrical tape. I wrapped up the burn in the wire and it runs fine. It didn't burn too deep, and before the wire was resting on the header and I think it was conducting the majority of the juice from the distributor. While the wire was resting on the header the car shook really bad due to a misfire. It's a-ok now, but thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
sounds like you need some spark wire boot protectors. i bought the Taylor set from summit and they were VERY nice. best $60 ive ever spent. $52.95+shipping=approx $60.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts