Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VSS connectors are different, from a t-45 to a X2C TKO, how do I compensate for this?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
or if you dont want to spend the $$ on the speedcall someone good like the SCT guys can fix your speedo in the tune.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I used to think that you needed an electronic compensator for this application until recently. But as Jonathan has posted, on 99+ you can pretty much correct for the old drive/driven gear setup even in the newer 99+ cars. So that is still an option on these cars even after a tranny swap.

Basically, I think you've gotta put in a really whacked gear ratio for that scalar. I believe the difference is around 4.5:1 old style to new style and in this application you've got to speed up the speedo, not slow down (the newer style pickoffs have a much shorter period than the old ones, again about 4.5x). So if you had say a 4.10 correction in that scalar before the tranny swap and since your trying to speed it up divide the 4.10 by 4.5x and start with a setting of around 0.91. Basically this way the computer thinks you've got a ridiculously net final drive gearing is all. But it gets the right answer for the speed calculation and thats what matters. Maybe Jonathan can add more info if this is correct or not.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
superGT99 said:
i used a sensor/gear from a 98 and compensted with chip.
There you go!. Rancid has done this as he's posted, I know Ed Clark has worked on at least one car and got this to work, and now superGT99 has posted this is how his car works too. This is an option on tranny swaps even with the old style pickoffs so keep it in mind guys...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts