Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It's usually recommended to check and adjust your tire pressure with the tires cold. 40 p.s.i. sounds a little high to me. The sticker in my glove compartment says 16" tires = 35 psi, 17" tires=30 psi. I keep the 17's on my daily driver at 32 psi.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Whichever setting you use, always check the wear on the front tires so you won't have any problems with wear spots down the road. I have used 34 F/ 32 R in both of my Mustangs. That is the setting I have used in my SVO for almost 16 years.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Tire Press

I have 17" tires. My sticker says 30 PSI, I use 32 PSI-works fine.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
NEVER use the max tire pressure on the side of the tire. Use the sticker pressure in the glove compartment. If you are using non standard tire size start at the sticker pressure and do a little burn out then look at the rubber on hte road. If it is uniform across the tread width it is fine. If it is light in the middle raise pressure if it is light on the outside lower pressure. This will give you best traction and tire life. At the track leave your rear pressure alone and raise the fronts to the max stated on the side wall to reduce rolling resistance. Dont forget to return the front pressure to normal before driving home.

Dwayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.