Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I just bought some Firehawks and had them mounted by a local tire dealer. His tire installer chipped the chrome on 3 of my wheels. The wheels are Cobra R's 17x9. It looks like he popped the center cap off from the backside with a screwdriver and caught the edge of the chrome and chipped off a hunk!

Well, I caught this when I went to install the wheels on my car and man was I ready to kill someone!! I took them back and they were pretty cool about it and put in an insurance claim (Zurich?).

The ins claims guy is going to have an independent appraiser come out and look at them and give me an estimate.

My question is this: Has this happened to anyone else (I'm sure it has)? and what can I expect to get out of it?? (new wheels or chrome repair?)

Thanks,

·
Banned
356 Posts
You are lucky to be getting anything. I know that most places around here state that they are not liable for any damage done.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? That sucks. These rims are ruined .. you chip the chrome and they are done.

Anyone else have experience with ins claims like this?

TIA, RR

·
Registered
729 Posts
man that has to suck however they are still better than my stock 16's on mine wanna trade?:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts