Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna be starting the steeda adj.cable and quadrant and was wanting any tips that you can offer,i already printed steeda's page for the reroute and i got the seats out.the cable seems pretty simple but the quadrant i was wanting the tips for removing and replacing thanx http://hapygas.stangnet.com

·
Registered
144 Posts
On the quadrant:

There are two shafts which go through the quadrant. The one towards the firewall has a cotter pin which may or may not be a pain for you to get out. Mine was a pain to get out cause the pin was put in backwards. Just take everything off, put the new quadrant on, and replace the pin. You may or may not want to shim the quadrant on the two shafts. There is some play side to side on the shafts which may lead the quadrant to become slightly sideways between them. Up to you. When the quadrant is on, rig up the cable. I like to run the cable through the firewall and have someone else hold it on the hook while I tighten the adjuster screw.

That's it! The hardest part is being on your back. Cover the seat bolts with a small pillow or something. They hurt :curses:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts